Monday, April 13, 2009

Southland Tales

 

This is by far one of my favorite movies, if not so my favorite.  It is directed by Richard Kelly, you know the guy who directed Donnie Darko. 

A lot of people don’t like this movie.  I’m sure its because its not a typical Hollywood movie with the typical Hollywood movie feel.  You have to look farther into it than just watching the TV aimlessly.  Plus the story flows at a different pace.

This movie  deals with similar themes as Donnie Darko, but has so much more wrapped through it such as politics, religion, society, and the energy crises.  For me to explain it would be too hard, but you should watch this one by yourself and probably watch it  more than once because if you miss something you may be entirely too confused.  Above is the trailer, and as you can see you might just be surprised by who acts in this.

This is another great scene, with that Timberlake tripping out.  He is sweet in this movie as well and he narrates it.

Some of this writing was rather poor, but I was typing half of it with one hand while I was on the phone.  Yes I will make an excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment