Sunday, April 12, 2009

Apartment Story

Another Easter passes by. Its funny how holidays become less important as you start to get older.  Yet at the age of 23 my Mom still gave me an Easter Basket with some candy and a nice crisp $20 bill in a plastic egg.  I think I’ll always like those childhood reminders no matter how old I’ll get.

Since I’ve just started this thing, I’m going to post some of my immediate favorite things.   Favorite songs and bands continuously change, but I have a feeling The National is going to be a favorite for a lifetime.  I don’t see it leaving my top five anytime soon.  Luckily enough, they made a video for one of my favorite songs “Apartment Story”.  So see what you think.

Sometimes I wonder how or why I got into a particular band and wonder, say if I listened to the cds in a different order if I would like it as much or if I wouldn’t have given it a long enough chance.  So just for a test, if you do happen to like this sound, I listened to Alligator first, followed by Boxer, which is the cd this song is from.  Then I stared to hear their earlier stuff.  These guys are a hidden gem I tell you!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Nick for posting this video. This song is decent and I will now check out more of their music to see if I like anything else by them.

    ReplyDelete