Saturday, May 1, 2010

You and you’re sister live in a Lemonworld

I am sure at this point my National posts get old, but what can I say this stuff happens when a new album is about to be released.  One of my favorite songs on High Violet is Lemonworld.  If you read the article on the NY Times site, they almost dropped this song, and I am very happy that they did not do so.  This video is kind of rough, but it is better than nothing.  This album can be listened to though here along with the well written article: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/25/magazine/25national-t.html 

And of course it can be found on some torrent site.  Below is one of my favorite sets’ of lyrics from the song:

“This pricey stuff makes me dizzy
I guess I've always been a delicate man
Takes me a day to remember a day
I didn't mean to let it get so far out of hand
I was a comfortable kid
But I don't think about it much anymore
Lay me on the table, put flowers in my mouth
And we can say that we invented a summer lovin' torture party”


“I'm too tired to drive anyway, anyway right now
Do you care if I stayed?
You can put on your bathing suits
And I'll try to find something on this thing that means nothin' enough”

1 comment:

  1. Yeah man, I'm feelin this album and these dogs. gettin real ready to experience some of this.

    ReplyDelete